Selecting a Realtor® for Home Selling
Your most important decision is the selection of the person you choose to represent you. The job of your Sales Associate is to support you in selling your home with the best possible terms, and to aid you through the entire process. Your Sales Associate will explain the process of selling a home, and familiarize you with the various activities, documents and procedures that you will experience throughout the transaction.
Tips For Selecting A Realtor for Home Selling
Your Real Estate Professional need to be:
• Aware of the complicated local and state requirements affecting your transaction.
• Effective in multi-party, face-to-face negotiations.
• Highly trained, with access to programs for continued learning and added certifications.
• Resourceful in attracting the largest possible pool of potential buyers.
• Knowledgeable in the technology resources that help the transaction.
• Assisted by a fully staffed marketing department.
Developing a Marketing Strategy for Home Selling
In order to sell your home quickly and on the best possible terms, it’s necessary to prepare your home for the market. This process includes:
• Deciding when to put your home on the market.
• Establishing a strategic price based on recent comparable sales, local market conditions and your motivation to sell.
• Estimating probable net proceeds.
• Advising you on how to make your home more appealing to potential buyers.
Marketing Your Property
• Ordering a “FOR SALE” sign to be placed prominently on your property.
• Installing a lock box to make it easy for agents to show your home.
• Submitting your home to the regional Multiple Listing Service for immediate exposure to the real estate community.
• Arranging Sales Associates in the area to tour the home.
• Developing a flyer/brochure highlighting the features and benefits of your home.
• Promoting your home at the right Association(s) of Realtors’ for greatest exposure to other cooperating agents.
• Holding open houses when appropriate.
• Contacting your neighbors to promote the property.
• Advertising your property on our regular office schedule meetings.
• Featuring your property on our website and REALTOR.com.
• Asking clients and colleagues if they know of possible buyers.
Managing the Transaction
You’ll appreciate having a strong advocate on your side during the transaction!
Negotiating the Offer
Your Sales Associate will immediately present and explain all offers to you. You will be able to accept, reject, or counter any offer presented. During the negotiation process, your Associate will leverage their experience and skills to advocate your interests:
• Reviewing the contract and obligations before you sign.
• Explaining how contingencies and release clauses work.
• Protecting you from signing a “blank check” for unknown problems or repairs.
• Defining legal disclosure requirements.
• Orchestrate the offer process for “back-up” offers, if necessary. Throughout the negotiation, your Sales Associate will give you a professional, unbiased point of view; but the final decision of accepting an offer is yours. Once an offer is accepted, your Sales Associate will manage all the details to make the process as stress-free and efficient as possible:
• Staying in contact with the buyer’s agent to make sure a smooth escrow.
• Following up on the progress of the buyer’s loan.
• Monitoring all contingency removal deadlines.
• Assisting you if a conflict with the buyer arises.
Finalizing and Closing the Transaction
Finalizing the process includes reviewing all closing documents and ensuring both parties have copies. When the transaction has closed, your Sales Associate will deliver the closing check to you and the keys to the new owner. If you are to start the Home Selling process, give us a call for a Free Home Valuation Report